Tuesday 18 October 2011

Creating the back of the head

In order to create the back of the head, I began by creating a standard sphere primitive. I then converted this into an editable poly and took out the bottom half of the sphere. Now I could use the reference planes to line-up this editable sphere poly and then pull the edges and vertices around in order to better shape the head. Once the head was the correct shape, the use of the weld and target weld options enabled me to join the head to the face.

I found most of this part of the head reasonably simple to model. However, one area that was a bit more tricky was the sides of this shape. Since I had earlier deleted the middle faces of the sphere, it was hard to join these correctly. Once completed, I again used the TurboSmooth modifier to give the shape a very smooth finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment